Present: Stephanie Chase, Judah Hamer & Lucinda Walker
- Review of documents pertaining to 501(c) 3 status:
The documents drafted by GMLC attorney, Brian Murphy were reviewed. We will look into purchasing Board & Directors insurance. It was decided to keep all of Mr. Murphy’s suggestions. It will be added to the Bylaws that if Consortium fees are not paid, libraries will lose all access to content and tech support. The Board of Directors will set up a meeting with Mr. Murphy in May to make final changes. The Annual Meeting will be scheduled during VLA.
- 2009 GMLC Fees
It was decided that 2009 fees (beginning 1/1/09) will be 3% of a library’s total materials budget. Libraries will not have to commit for a specific number of years.
- Grants Committee
- Dan Greene has generously offered to write grants during the summer on behalf of GMLC. Each Director will be on the lookout for potential grants, especially those in the $200,000-250,000 range (over a number of years.)
- Stephanie suggested that GMLC consider hiring someone to oversee the consortium and its various projects, especially as the number of projects increase. This may be a potential grant. The Directors will research appropriate compensation packages. This is envisioned as a 35/hr a week position. Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to)
- Coordinate committees
- Attend all committee meetings
- Handle the finances
- Be the main contact person
- Be on the lookout for new projects
- Help “sell” the GMLC’s projects to library boards and academics
- Update on Current Projects
- Listen Up! Vermont
Judah is working on statistics for our blog. 1000 audios have been checked out as of this date!
- The KOHA group has been meeting once a month. The plan is to go online summer 2009. Fees would be .03 cents a record (titles not copies). Discussion centered on whether this project should be opened up to any library that is interested. The KOHA committee will be contacted for their views. There was also discussion about fees for joining and tech support.
- Future Projects
- New databases: Novelist+ ($19K/yr) and Novelist ($12K/yr). It was decided to wait awhile before spending more time on it. It may be a good grant idea.
- ILL Courier service – Judah will talk to academics about their interest in this.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:00 PM